Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Review: Class of Nuke'Em High (1986)


Just when you think you've stumbled upon Hardbodies 2, the going gets a bit better. Class of Nuke'Em High is definitely a Troma flick: about 10 puns per minute, hilariously "spooky" 50's scifi music and sound efx, and, of course, just enough one-liners and naked chicks to get you to the next gore set-up. I guess.

Geez, I haven't seen this movie in a long time, and you know what, it hasn't aged all that well. I guess I've come to expect more from the Troma team. There are some excellent gore efx (the opening Dewey meltdown is classic) and an uncountable number of always silly and sometimes funny background jokes ("...paging Doctor Fine. Doctor Howard and Doctor Fine..."). But, there are about two topless chicks in the whole movie, and some of the filler scenes are tiresome. Come to think of it, I don't remember a single F-bomb. What we get instead is alot of buildup and very little payoff.

I liked it enough to recommend to my friends, and the DVD has some cool features.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home