Monday, July 17, 2006

I Shoulda Seen These a Long Time Ago

My latest binge involves three flicks I shoulda seen when they first appeared, whether in theaters or on DVD. But I didn't.

I've posted about Ginger Snaps a bit at T Van's when he listed it as one of his top-20 horror flicks. I dunno about a top-20 alltime rating, but Snaps deserves a slot in a top5 werewolf flick list. I remember all the times I have passed it by in the video store, sitting there next to its two sequels, and wondering "why the hell did they need to make three of these little goth movies?" Well, turns out, they're not little goth movies.

As for Terror Firmer: I've heard mention of this one for a while now, about how stupid and crazy it was, and "the best Troma since Tromeo and Juliet" and blah, blah, blah.... Well, it was stupid. Stupid and great all rolled up together.

Basket Case 2 won't suprise most people; but I didn't even know Henenlotter had made the friggin' thing (and a 3rd one to boot!), so chalk it up to my ignorance. I found it in the $3 VHS section of Hollywood Video.

The Reviews:
Bastket Case 2
Ginger Snaps
Terror Firmer

Adios, twits!

1 Comments:

Blogger T Van said...

I've never seen Basket Case or any of the sequels. I think I'll have to try to get my hands on a copy.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Ginger Snaps. And yes it does deserve a top 5 werewolf rating for sure.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home