Sunday, July 23, 2006

Creature Triple Feature

Just finished the third of my Creature Triple Feature, returning to my horror-watching roots of the old Creature Double Feature, and upping it one better.

I chose three films that run the gamut from indie horror darling (2001 Maniacs) to low budget made-for-tv horrific scifi (Vampire Wars - or Bloodsuckers as it was titled on TV) to a low budget from a big studio (Sony's Frankenfish).

I knew I would like 2001 Maniacs. It's been written about and reviewed a million blogs over, and comes packed with some good behind-the-scenes features. I figured I'd like Frankenfish from the trailers I've seen on other Sony rentals (A Sound of Thunder, anyone?). As for Vampire Wars? I didn't know what to friggin expect but I was more than pleasantly surprised.

Next up? I dunno. I was thinking of doing the whole Friday the 13th series. Or, now that I've got A Sound of Thunder on the brain, maybe a bad Ben Kingsley mix including: Bloodrayne, Species, and Suspect Zero. That would pretty much suck, though.

Other things: check out the latest "horror roundtable" from the horror blog because I participated and came out victorious! Yes, I won the roundtable. I was the first to mention Henenlotter in what became a Henenlotter love fest! I'm the WINNER! Where's my friggin prize?

The Reviews:
2001 Maniacs
Frankenfish
Vampire Wars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home