Thursday, July 06, 2006

Angels with Dirty Faces: The Prophecies!


I caught the original when it came to video in the mid-90's, but never saw the others until I rented all three for this Prophecy Binge. I really enjoyed the first film then, and I still really like it now. Unfortunately, the following two films are weaker siblings, though they do move the story forward.

I know that there are two more sequels (minus Walken) that are actually supposed to be pretty good, but I've chosen to ignore them. Though the plots of these films are highly original, it gets boring without a little Walken to inject fun into the proceedings.

Because of the fringe religious ideas and numerous biblical references, I figured there'd be a website devoted to figuring out these movies, but nacht, nothing! Hollywood Jesus does have an excellent page for the original, with lots of screencaps.

My Reviews:
The Prophecy
The Prophecy 2
The Prophecy 3: The Ascent

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Bradshaw said...

I've seen all of the Prophecy films, and I suppose it does not speak well for them that I remember next to nothing about them. I seem to recall enjoying them when I watched them, especially the original, but basically I remember Christopher Walken being cool and Jennifer Beals being naked.

By the way, I love the randomly inserted photos. Cool blog.

10:44 AM  
Blogger platyjoe said...

Thanks brother. You should check out the first one again: it's really well done, and you are absolutely correct about Walken being cool.

I can't think of a Jennifer Beals movie where she's not naked :)

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home